About MEDARVA

MEDARVA Healthcare consists of the following entities:

    MEDARVA Stony Point Surgery Center

    Central Virginia's pre-eminent outpatient surgical facility. Founded in the tradition of the former Richmond Eye and Ear Hospital, the Surgery Center provides a broad spectrum of routine and highly specialized healthcare services, in addition to offering vision and hearing care. For more information about MEDARVA at Stony Point Surgery Center, please visit www.StonyPointSC.com.

    MEDARVA West Creek Surgery Center

    Centrally located just west of Short Pump in West Creek. The adjacent medical office building is home to several of Virginia's leading medical practices including Virginia Physicians for Women (VPFW).

    MEDARVA Physician Network

    Consists of over 180 independent physicians and offers ownership opportunities in MEDARVA Stony Point Surgery Center.

    The MEDARVA Foundation

    Supports numerous medical care and education programs in Richmond and central Virginia. Community-based organizations that have benefited from the Foundation’s funding include The Daily Planet, the Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center, Virginia Voice, and Special Olympics. For the last five years, the Foundation has supported a pre-school program for screening vision and hearing called W.H.E.E.L.S. In 2015, the Foundation launched its own Pre-K vision and hearing program, offering a more comprehensive approach to screening, along with important follow-up processes that are necessary to ensure success for each child. Additionally, the Foundation is also involved in collaborative ventures with academic institutions, medical organizations and philanthropic groups to fund leading-edge research aimed at achieving important medical breakthroughs.

MEDARVA Healthcare prides itself on practicing and perfecting the art of medicine, and partnering with community organizations to help bring medical assistance and awareness to those in need. The organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, whose roots can be traced back to October 31, 1951 when Richmond Eye Hospital was established.